A Unique Approach to Better MovementLSVT BIG is an intensive, effective, one-on-one treatment created to help people with Parkinson's disease (PD) and other neurological conditions address walking, balance and other activities of daily living. LSVT BIG trains people with Parkinson disease (PD) to use their body more normally. People living with PD or other neurological conditions often move differently, with gestures and actions that become smaller and slower. They may have trouble with getting around, getting dressed and with other activities of daily living. LSVT BIG effectively trains improved movements for any activity, whether “small motor” tasks like buttoning a shirt or “large motor” tasks like getting up from sofa or chair or maintaining balance while walking. The treatment improves walking, self-care and other tasks by helping people “recalibrate” how they perceive their movements with what others actually see. It also teaches them how and when to apply extra effort to produce bigger motions – more like the movements of everyone around them.
LSVT BIG – Certification the e-learning way, hosted within the UKThe LSVT BIG Training & Certification course (online pathway) teaches physio and occupational therapists, assistants, and students an evidence-based, intensive treatment program for people with Parkinson disease with application to other neurological conditions.
LSVT BIG – steps to success
- Complete pre-knowledge assessment (40 questions) on LearnUpon online learning management system from Mon 31st May 2021 – Fri 25th Jun 2021
- Complete 5 modules of online learning on LearnUpon (approx. 3 hours of learning time) Mon 31st May 2021 – Fri 25th Jun 2021
- Join Virtual Live Day 1 on Zoom from 13.00 – 18.00 on Sat 26th Jun 2021 then complete mandatory knowledge review questions on LearnUpon
- Join Virtual Live Day 2 on Zoom from 13.00 – 18.00 on Sun 27th Jun 2021 then complete mandatory knowledge review questions on LearnUpon
- Exam and evaluation – complete online from Mon 28th Jun 2021 – Mon 12th Jul 2021
Why a Virtual Live Event?A virtual live event allows us to give you the face-to-face interactivity you expect from an in-person course, but from the comfort and safety of your own homes or offices. The Virtual Live event combines pre-recorded components of our online courses with some of the content presented live (online) by LSVT BIG instructors. The 10 hours of live learning allows participants to interact with faculty, each other, and even volunteers with Parkinson’s disease.
LSVT BIG – registration, resources, community and supportResources Included with Certification All LSVT courses include comprehensive training materials and culminate with LSVT BIG Certification upon passing the final exam. All LSVT BIG Certified Clinicians also receive:
- 60 days of free access to the online course to review content
- Printed training materials
- Official LSVT BIG Certification on completion and passing exam
- An LSVT BIG Homework Helper DVD
- Online treatment materials, videos and clinician tools
- Listing in the searchable LSVT Global Certified Clinician Database
- Invitation to join the LSVT BIG Certified Clinician Facebook group
- Access to free webinars on advanced LSVT BIG treatment topics
- Support from LSVT experts for clinical questions
e-Learning ticket types
|Student Card payments only: £300|
|Previously certified Card payments only: £200|