A Unique Approach to Better Speech
Speech treatments for people with Parkinson's disease have historically been focused on articulation and speech rate and have been given at a low-intensity dosage (e.g., one or two sessions per week for some period of time). LSVT LOUD takes a very different approach, focusing on the singular target of increasing vocal loudness to normal levels and delivering the treatment in an intensive, high-effort manner.
LSVT LOUD is built on three key strategies to make the treatment as effective as possible:
|TARGET: Vocal Loudness (amplitude) These strategies are consistent with the most effective, evidence-based strategies for learning and neuroplasticity (the brain's ability to change).|
|MODE: Intensive Dosage and High Effort Intensive and high-effort treatment that encourages people to achieve more by always working harder (e.g., “louder, longer”). Sessions are delivered one-on-one and tailored to your individual communication goals.|
|CALIBRATION: Generalization "Recalibrating" sensory feedback so people recognize their new, louder voices are within normal limits. This increases the likelihood that people with PD will feel comfortable with and use their louder voice at home, work and play.|
LSVT LOUD – Certification the e-learning way, hosted within the UK
The LSVT LOUD Training & Certification course (online pathway) teaches speech-language therapy/pathology professionals, assistants, and students an evidence-based, intensive treatment program for people with Parkinson disease with application to other neurological conditions.
LSVT LOUD – steps to success
- Complete pre-knowledge assessment (40 questions) on LearnUpon online learning management system from Mon 31st May 2021 – Wed 23rd Jun 2021
- Complete 5 modules of online learning on LearnUpon (approx. 3 hours of learning time) Mon 31st May 2021 – Wed 23rd Jun 2021
- Join Virtual Live Day 1 on Zoom from 13.00 – 19.00 on Thu 24th Jun 2021 then complete mandatory knowledge review questions on LearnUpon
- Join Virtual Live Day 2 on Zoom from 13.00 – 19.00 on Fri 25th Jun 2021 then complete mandatory knowledge review questions on LearnUpon
- Exam and evaluation – complete online from Fri 25th Jun 2021 – Mon 12th Jul 2021
Why a Virtual Live Event?
A virtual live event allows us to give you the face-to-face interactivity you expect from an in-person course, but from the comfort and safety of your own homes or offices.
The Virtual Live event combines pre-recorded components of our online courses with some of the content presented live (online) by LSVT LOUD instructors. The 12 hours of live learning allows participants to interact with faculty, each other, and even volunteers with Parkinson’s disease.
LSVT LOUD – registration, resources, community and supportResources Included with Certification
All LSVT courses include comprehensive training materials and culminate with LSVT LOUD Certification upon passing the final exam. All LSVT LOUD Certified Clinicians also receive:
- 60 days of free access to the online course to review content
- Printed training materials
- Official LSVT LOUD Certification on completion and passing exam
- An LSVT LOUD Homework Helper DVD
- Online treatment materials, videos and clinician tools
- Listing in the searchable LSVT Global Certified Clinician Database
- Invitation to join the LSVT LOUD Certified Clinician Facebook group
- Access to free webinars on advanced LSVT LOUD treatment topics
- Support from LSVT experts for clinical questions
e-Learning ticket types
Card payments only: £300
Card payments only: £200