Course Beetle is commited to upholding your privacy and taking care with your personal data as a valued customer
Who we are
The data controller is Reeves Consultancy and Training Limited trading as Course Beetle a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 09759639 and our registered office is 48 Walker Street, Telford.
How we collect your data
There are several ways we may collect information about you. These include:
- when you provide it to us by getting in contact (phone/email/web)
- when you make a booking with us
- if you submit your details when sending an enquiry through a third-party
- when you provide details at an exhibition or networking event
What data we collect about you
The personal data we collect includes:
- home or work address, email address and/or phone number;
- job title
- payment and delivery details, including billing and delivery addresses and credit card details, where you make purchases from us;
- any other personal data you provide
Special category data
We do not collect special category data as a matter of course. However, individuals may on occasion supply health-related information in relation to delivery of services. For example, students may share such information should they require to pause their studies on health grounds. Delegates may also provide details of dietary requirements. The information is retained only for as long as is necessary and is processed solely for its purpose.
Security of your data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information
from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In
addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors
and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your
personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Data kept in an electronic format will be stored on individual PC’s, on online file hosting services and via secure web pages or web applications. All access will be restricted to those who need it and protected by username and password.
Paper-based information is kept securely with access being restricted to those staff who need it.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How we use your data and the legal basis
Your information is used to process your purchases, deliver our courses and contact you.
If you don’t provide this information, you won’t be able to purchase from us or enter into a contract with us. In these instances, we process your personal data because it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or in order to take steps at your request to enter into a contract.
When you send us an enquiry or purchase from us, you can opt in to receive marketing communications in relation to our courses by ticking the relevant boxes. We will then send you the relevant marketing communications until such time that you remove your consent. In these instances, processing is performed on the basis of your consent.
Sharing your data
We will only share your data with third parties for the purposes of delivering our courses, fulfilling any contracts we enter with you, where required by law or to enforce our legal rights.
Third party communications
Course Beetle will not disclose your details to third parties for the purpose of receiving communications from third parties.
Sharing your information for legal reasons
Course Beetle will share your information when required to do so in order to comply with a common law or statutory obligation. For example, this may include information surrounding criminal acts or threats to public security.
Sharing data outside of the EU
If we need to transfer information to a country not recognised as providing equivalent protection, we’ll use additional safeguards approved by UK or EU regulators.
How long we retain your data
We will keep hold of your data for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain it will depend on any legal obligations we have (such as tax recording purposes), the nature of any contracts we have in place with you, the existence of your consent or our legitimate interests as a business.
Subject to certain limitations you have the following rights:
- You have the right to be informed about the personal data we hold and why we hold it
- You have the right to access a copy of your data that we hold by contacting us directly: we will acknowledge your request and supply a response within one month or sooner
- You have the right to check the information we hold about you is correct and to make corrections if not
- You have the right to have your data erased in certain circumstances
- You have the right to transfer your data to someone else if you tell us to do so and it is safe and legal to do so
- You have the right to tell us not to actively process or update your data in certain circumstances
Concerns and complaints
If you have concerns or questions over the collection, storage or processing of your data, you are encouraged in the first instance to contact a member of staff to discuss and resolve any issues. Please email us here.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or by calling 0303 123 1113.