The Shape Coding™ System
The Shape Coding™ System
What is this course?
The course teaches attendees the basics of Shape Coding™ and how to use it with children with language difficulties. It includes videos of Speech and Language Therapists using the system with a variety of children, practical sessions to improve understanding of the system and group activities on how to introduce it to children in the classroom or in small groups.
Start date Thursday 4 July 2019
Time 9:45 am - 4:30 pm
Location The Studio, 7 Cannon St, Birmingham B2 5EP
Can be booked using class passes here.
- 2019 Masterclass Loyalty Scheme for individuals or teams
- Student SaLT or Student Teacher Masterclass pass
Course presenter: Hilary Nicoll
Specialist Speech and Language Therapist
Hilary works at Moor House School & College, Surrey with Dr. Susan Ebbels and uses the SHAPE CODING™ system daily in clinical practice both in individual therapy sessions and within the classroom.
Having worked alongside Dr Susan Ebbels, Hilary has been a part of the Shape Coding journey from inception to its place now as a well established intervention.
Hilary delivers training in The Shape Coding™ System under licence and brings her vast experience and wisdom to the role.
Find out more about Shape Coding here.
Why attend this course?
- You want to master the principles of a visual coding system to show a child the rules for how words are put together in sentences
- You want to develop children’s understanding of spoken and written grammar and to develop their ability to use grammar successfully to express themselves.
- You advise others: You want a clear understanding of who can benefit from Shape Coding
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for those with limited or no knowledge of the Shape Coding™ system and is aimed at Speech and Language Therapists and teachers, although others are welcome to attend.
- The underlying hypotheses of Shape Coding and other visual coding systems
- How Shape Coding differs from other visual coding systems
- The basic colours of Shape Coding (for parts of speech) and the shapes of Shape Coding(for phrases)
- The arrow system of Shape Coding (for verb morphology such as tenses)
- The evidence base for Shape Coding and which children benefit
What people are saying about this course
‘Shape Coding has become highly effective, and embedded aspect of practice at our school, and this day is the perfect starting point for anyone wishing to learn the system’ – KC classroom teacher
‘This day got a 5 star rating from me – I loved the way it was structured – and that I am leaving the day feeling really confident to get started’
Course Beetle are approved suppliers for many NHS Trusts, Local Authorities and Schools, and have many years of experience in dealing with procurement and supply.
- You can book and pay instantly by card
- You can ask for a quotation so your organisation can raise a purchase order
- You can ask us to send an invoice that can be paid by BACS or cheque
- You can hold a place while you confirm you can attend by clicking here.
Please click here to download a flyer for this course.