View Anytime Nuffield Dyspraxia Programme (NDP3®) Modules 1-4
About this course
NDP3 provides a multi-layered, multi-target treatment approach involving working on several layers at the same time. The approach works from the child’s strengths and what they can already do and builds skills in small achievable steps from this point.
The View Anytime NDP3 course is the self-study version of our virtual live NDP3® training. The modules present current evidence-based information about childhood apraxia of speech and the NDP3 assessment procedure and intervention approach, so practitioners can use NDP3 effectively within their clinical practice.
How Self Study – View Anytime – Works
Log in from your PC, Mac or tablet device:
- Locate the welcome document and download the handouts for your first module
- Follow the instructions to progress through the presentations and exercises for each Module.
- After completing the various exercises, download the associated answer sheets.
- At the end of modules have a go at the ‘check your learning’ quizzes! These are entirely for your own benefit – and not a test!
When your studies are complete, follow the in-built procedure to provide feedback and request your certificate/s.
|Book and pay online
|Student / Returner
|Full course - Approx 13 hours view time
- Book four or more courses (we can offer you a discount)
- Make a block booking for a group
- Book a closed course
Speech and Language Therapist and Lead author of the Nuffield Dyspraxia Programme
Dr Pam Williams retired from her clinical post as Consultant Speech and Language Therapist at the Nuffield Hearing and Speech Centre, in December 2017. Dr Williams was involved in creating the original Nuffield Centre Dyspraxia Programme (NDP), published in 1985.
Following this she co-edited the current NDP (3rd edition) with her colleague Hilary Stephens. Dr Pam Williams has lectured widely in the UK, Ireland, Europe and Australia. Dr Williams continues to run training workshops on the subject of NDP and childhood apraxia of speech. Pam was a member of the project team that produced the original (2011) Policy Statement on Developmental Verbal Dyspraxia, and more recently the RCSLT (2024) Position Paper on Childhood Apraxia of Speech. Furthermore, she was a supporting author of the RCSLT (2024) Speech Sound Disorders Guidance.
Dr Williams was awarded a Fellowship of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists in 2013 and is a former chair of the UK Dyspraxia Foundation Charity. She is a current member of the Child Speech Disorder Research Network for the UK and Ireland.
- The nature of childhood apraxia of speech and the typical presenting difficulties of children with CAS
- The current CAS evidence -base for assessment and diagnosis, intervention approaches and service delivery
- Key principles of the NDP3 Assessment and how it can be used to inform differential diagnosis and to create case profiles
- Key principles of the NDP3 treatment approach
- A step-by-step guide to treatment planning and goal setting using NDP3, illustrated by clinical case studies
- How to analyse a child’s data in detail following the NDP3 Assessment guidance, to produce a case profile.
- How to create short- and longer-term treatment plans for specific cases utilising NDP3 methodology and how to apply these in therapy sessions
- How to identify immediate needs, set general and specific treatment goals, select stimuli and resources to use in therapy and monitor progress
This resource is essential for this training
This Manual is only supplied to delegates who are booking onto an NDP3 training course with us. The easiest way to order the manual is to do so as part of your course booking.
NOTE: This manual is part of the full NDP3 Programme, so If you already have a copy of the programme from 2012 or later you don’t need to purchase this item.
The NDP3 Manual for Training provides detailed guidance on planning and management, how to progress in achievable steps and what strategies to adopt to deal with problems. Reference is made by the course presenter, to relevant sections through the training. The manual will continue to be a recommended source of reference to support ongoing therapy.
Chapters 1-7 Literature review, background, and approach of NDP3 including Case Studies.
Appendix 1 Speech error patterns in children with developmental verbal dyspraxia. Appendix 2 Toys and equipment.
Appendix 3 Articulograms.
Appendix 4 Eliciting single sounds in isolation.
Appendix 5 Ideas for working with younger and older children. Appendix 6 Tasks / Activities / Games.
Appendix 7 Normative Issues.
Course Beetle price to add hard copy manual to your order: £40
Weighing approximately 1Kg, this substantial manual (which forms part of the full NDP3 Programme) can be obtained directly from the publisher, or added to your course booking.
- Hard-copy version directly from the publisher – UK Price £35 (inclusive of postage and packing). Participants from overseas should consult the website for relevant prices and allow sufficient time for delivery
- Hard copy added to your course booking with Course Beetle – UK Price £40 (inclusive of postage and packing, UK Only)
Purchase online manual from Course Beetle for £15 (3 months) or £50 (1 year)
The digital version comes in 2 subscription options:
- 3 months (£15)
- 1 year (£50)
The manual is presented in pdf form via our secure portal. The digital resource is not printable.
This resource may be of interest
A digital version of the NDP3 Assessment (with non-printable forms) is included as part of the course fee for delegates purchasing View Anytime NDP3 Training and our online fixed-time courses.
Accessed online within our secure portal, this digital version of the popular NDP3® Assessment presents the assessment pictures as single images which can be resized to create a large view of each image if required. The digital resource enables practitioners to use the assessment during teletherapy. The paid subscription allows printing of the assessment forms.
Please note: This resource can be purchased through Course Beetle as an individual order here.
NDP3® Assessment Subscription (digital) for £15 (1 month) or £60 (1 year)
The digital resource comes in 2 subscription options:
- 1 month (£15)
- 1 year (£60)
Who this course is suitable for
Owing to the specialist technical nature of this course, eligibility is restricted to Speech Pathologists / Speech and Language Therapists / SLPs, i.e. those who are able to undertake diagnostic assessments. We will also accept Speech and Language Therapy students and returners to practice on this course.
This course isa Self-study, on-demand course.. To book your place click here.
During the booking process, you can select to reserve a place instead (while you confirm you can attend or to organise payment through your employer for example). We can hold your place for up to four weeks, if we have not heard from you after this time, we may need to cancel your reservation so other people can attend the training.
Course Beetle is an approved supplier for NHS Trusts, Local Authorities and Schools.
“Very valuable. Clear structure on the stages of treatment. I feel more confident in my knowledge of CAS and excited to try the treatment approach with my patients.”
“I really enjoyed how practical it was. I also particularly liked how the course asked us to use the skills required to support a client from assessment through to therapy in terms of looking at videos, filling out the qualitative part of the NDP3 assessment, creating targets from this and considering a therapy plan. It made me feel confident in applying assessment resources and my knowledge to create a therapy plan. I liked having the page numbers in the PowerPoint to refer to the manual throughout and at a later date.”
“I liked the video examples as they reinforced the teaching ideas and then test your knowledge quiz at the end of each module.”